Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Open Letter To Rep. Lon Burnam


A certain state-wide magazine recently made the ridiculous assertion that you were among the worst state legislators. What nonsense! I just want you to know that I consider you to be the best legislator I have seen in Austin in many years.

I can count on you to vote your beliefs (and mine), even if you are the only one to do so. You have shown me many times that your beliefs are more important to you that going along with the majority.

When those who want peace need a voice, you are always willing to step forward.

When the poor and downtrodden need representation, you are always there.

When the rich and powerful abuse their power, you are there to call them on their unethical behavior.
When a constituent needs help, you are there.

When a bad bill needs to be stopped, you are not afraid to stop it even if it makes powerful people unhappy.

You also opposed the dictator Craddick, even before it was fashionable to do so.

I live in one of the reddest areas of Texas, which means that I really don't have any representation in Austin. I consider you to be my representative, even though I don't live in your district. I hope I can do so for many years to come.

I am proud to say that this blog supports you, Rep. Burnam. Thank you for your service.

1 comment:

  1. Hear, hear. If the majority were made up of more Lon Burnhams (and thus fewer Warren Chisums), this state would be a far better place.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.