Friday, June 29, 2007

Amarillo is nicer than Euless

I was just standing outside when the tornado sirens went off. Either that or we're facing a nuclear attack. Anyways, I looked at the clock and realized that Amarillo was nice enough to do it close to noon.

Euless had the nasty little habit of testing them in the early morning (between 9am and 10am). Being a person who sleeps in every chance I get, this was never a pleasant way to wake up. Throwing a pillow over my head didn't help either, as I lived a whopping block away from one of the sirens. Plus, I found it necessary to get my lazy butt to a window just to make sure I didn't need to be ducking and dodging.

Of course now that I say that, Amarillo will be sure to turn them on at 6am tomorrow just to mess with my Saturday. My luck can't possibly be this good.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I agree. Amarillo is not quite useless.

    Wait, that's not what you said. Never mind.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.