Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A Message From Hank Gilbert's Wife

One of the finest men I have had the pleasure of meeting in this election season is Hank Gilbert, the Democratic candidate for Texas Agriculture Commissioner. Hank is no corporate-owned political hack looking to use the office as a stepping-stone to even higher office, like his Republican counterpart. Hank is a throwback to the times when candidates had real American values like honesty, hard work, helping your neighbor, and serving your country.

That's why I take great pleasure in submitting the following letter from Hank's wife to the voters of Texas.


Dear Friend,

My name is Karla Gilbert and I would like to share a story with you about a man who will work to make Texas a better place to live, work, and raise a family. This man is my husband, Hank Gilbert.

This has been a year to remember for our family. I will never forget the day the boys and I told Hank he should run for Texas Agriculture Commissioner. At first he thought we were kidding - then he realized we were right. Hank is truly a man of the people. One of his greatest gifts is being able to relate to people from all walks of life.

While this year has been hard at times it has been good for our sons, Peyton and Cody, to see their dad work so hard for what he believes in and cares so deeply about. The boys have missed their dad, but they have learned independence and are proud of all he has accomplished. We look forward to seeing all of our hard work pay off on November 7th!

I find myself telling everyone about the race. I attend a lot of sporting events with our sons. As I sit in the stands, I think about the people sitting around me - farmers, ranchers, small business owners, teachers, policemen - people who love Texas and their community. Hank is working so hard to protect this way of life, our way of life. I'm asking each of you to work as hard as he is to get every person to the polls on November 7th!

I appreciate the support each and every one of you is giving Hank. We know that without you none of this would be possible. Thank you for everything you are doing. It has been a great experience for my family, and I know our sons will come away from this year understanding that big dreams take hard work.
Early voting is going on now and the election is November 7th, please join me in casting your vote for Hank Gilbert. He's done right by our family. He'll do right by yours.

Sincerely,

Karla Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.