Monday, June 05, 2006

Mavericks Going To The Finals

I can't seem to focus on politics today, so I thought I would write about what is on my mind - the Dallas Mavericks. The Mavericks reached a second milestone for the club this year. The first milestone was beating the Spurs in a 7-game series. They had not done that before. Now they have won the Western Conference championship. This is also something they had not done before. Now if they can just win 4 more games, we'll have a trifecta of milestones accomplished this year, and they will be NBA champions.

But that is yet to be done. Miami has an excellent team, and the most dominant center in the NBA. If the Mavericks want that championship, they'll have to bring their "A" game. I believe they'll do it. The Mavericks have played as a team all year and continue to do it in the playoffs. There are no selfish primadonnas on this team. Coach Johnson has got these guys believing in each other and the ball always seems to wind up in the hands of the player with the best shot. The Mavs are on the verge of being a great team. Just 4 more wins and they'll be there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.